Since the launch of the latest Detox investigation into toxic-football, the past few weeks have been action packed. From a fan-powered protest in Mexico’s iconic Azteca stadium to a huge digital #DetoxWave, thousands of volunteers, cyberactivists and football fans have taken action online, on the streets and from the stands to tell adidas to stop playing dirty.
Inspired by the beautiful game we have picked our top 11 moments from the past few weeks.
The Detox Selection
1. Mexico: Activists deploy a huge banner at the Azteca Stadium during an international friendly match between Mexico and Israel.
2. Hong Kong: Volunteers reveal adidas’ dirty secret outside of one of the brand’s stores.
3. Germany: A team of volunteers project our message at one of adidas’ major distribution centres.
4. Worldwide: Hundreds take to Vine and join a huge online #DetoxWave calling for toxic-free football.
5. South Korea: Activists show adidas the Red Card at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.
6. Hungary: Greenpeace CEE volunteers take the beautiful game and the Detox message to the streets of Budapest.
7. Taiwan: Greenpeace East Asia demand adidas tackle hazardous chemicals once and for all.
8. Germany: Footballers call on adidas to kick out the chemicals at an outlet store near the brand’s HQ in Herzogenaurach.
9. Russia: Activists call on adidas to avoid scoring an own goal and go all in for toxic-free football.
10. The Philippines: Volunteers demonstrate the beautiful game and call on adidas to come clean.
11. Germany: Activists hang a banner at the adidas AGM and call on the brand to live up to its own slogans.
There is still time for adidas to turn things around and find its form again. The Detox campaign has proven that when we use our collective voices and act together globally, big brands listen. We have done it before and we can do it again.
Robin Perkins is a Communications Coordinator for the Detox campaign and Greenpeace International. He is also unlucky enough to be a Stockport County fan and tweets @RobinJPerkins.
via Greenpeace news http://ift.tt/1nXQzgP http://ift.tt/eA8V8J