December 23, 2014
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is member of CrossRef (http://ift.tt/ME6EW6).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
In Collaboration with
ILY 2015 – International Year of Light 2015
Optical systems are ubiquitous in modern society, from medical sciences to space exploration, telecommunications, information processing and inumerous industrial and military applications of all kinds.
This 3rd edition of PHOTOPTICS will feature 3 different tracks on Optics, Photonics and Lasers, covering both theoretical and practical aspects. Researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in any of these fields are welcome to join us in Lisbon and present their work on new methods or technologies, advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques, as well as general survey papers indicating future directions.
Ludger Wöste, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Orlando Frazão, INESC Porto, Portugal
Klaus Petermann, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
João Magueijo, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Wolfgang Schade, Clausthal University of Technology, Germany
The awards will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session.
Please check the website for further information: http://ift.tt/1AF0ajd
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
AREA 1: OPTICS
• Biomedical Optics
• Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging
• Optical Instrumentation
• Optics in Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Spectroscopy, Imaging and Metrology
• Optical Communications and Networking
• Artificial Vision
• Photorefractive Effects, Materials, and Devices
• System Reliability and Security
• Optical Materials
AREA 2: PHOTONICS
• Display Technology
• Organic and Bio-photonics
• MEMS and Nanophotonics
• Microwave Photonics
• Power Photonics
• Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials and Devices
• Photonic in Communications and Switching
• Ultrafast Electronics, Photonics and Optoelectronics
• Green Photonics
• Photodetectors, Sensors and Imaging
• Nonlinear Optics
AREA 3: LASERS
• High Intensity Lasers and High Field Phenomena
• Quantum Electronics and Laser Science
• Quantum Information and Measurement
• Biomedical and Therapeutic Laser Applications
• Laser Microscopy
• Fiber Lasers and Applications
• Waveguide Lasers
• Semiconductor Lasers and LEDs
• Weapons and Military Technology
• Plasma Technologies
Please check further details at the conference website