“With the Lutron Smart Bridge and app, we are not just giving them the ability to control their lights and shades, but rather, a reliable, energy saving, long-term investment that also provides peace of mind.”
This unique product is a wireless bridge and software application that connects Lutron’s Caséta® Wireless dimmers, Pico® remote controls, Serena™ remote-controlled shades, and other third-party devices, while providing convenient home control from any iOS or Android-based smart phone or tablet. The Caséta Wireless system gives consumers the ability to control lights and shades inside or outside the home — either from a remote control or the Lutron app.
“This new solution gives consumers the opportunity to transform their homes quickly, easily and affordably into a smart and connected one,” said Matt Swatsky, Caséta Wireless product manager at Lutron. “With the Lutron Smart Bridge and app, we are not just giving them the ability to control their lights and shades, but rather, a reliable, energy saving, long-term investment that also provides peace of mind.”
How it Works
The Lutron Smart Bridge, which uses Lutron’s proprietary ClearConnect® Wireless technology, plugs easily and directly into a home’s Wi-Fi router. Installed and set up in less than 30 minutes, the product sends wireless, radio frequency (RF) communication signals to compatible Lutron devices inside the home.
Lutron Smart Bridge-Compatible Products
- Caséta Wireless in-wall dimmers control overhead lights and work with the newest energy-saving bulbs, including dimmable LEDs, dimmable CFLs, halogens, and incandescents. They do not require a neutral wire, so they easily replace any existing light switch.
- Caséta Wireless lamp dimmers plug into a standard wall receptacle and provide control of table and floor lamps that use the newest energy-saving bulbs, including dimmable LEDs, dimmable CFLs, halogens, and incandescents. They are designed to control two lamps simultaneously with dual plug-in receptacles.
- The Lutron app has a simple user interface to provide consumers with a one-touch solution. They can adjust and check-in on their lights, shades, and temperature from the office, the beach, or anywhere in the world. They can also set up preset scenes for the perfect lighting for their home theatre, dining room, or bedroom.
- With an integrated timeclock, the Smart Bridge allows consumers to schedule lights and shades to adjust automatically by time of day. They can close their shades 20 minutes before sunset every day, or turn on the front porch light on at dusk and off at midnight every evening.
- The telligent™ LED bulb by GE® is embedded with Lutron’s ClearConnect Wireless technology and controlled by a Pico wireless remote. The bulb will be available late 2014.
Do-it-yourselfers can purchase the Smart Bridge (US $150 suggested list price) starting September 1 on SerenaShades.com. For homeowners seeking professional installation, the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro will be available from local electricians, residential system providers, security professionals and lighting showrooms starting June 30. The Lutron Caséta Wireless package, featuring a Pico remote control with a dimmer (either wall or lamp), has a suggested list price of US $80 and is available now.
The free Lutron app will be available on the App Store and Google Play™ on June 30.
via LED-professional http://ift.tt/1kHetwa