SSL-erate is a 3-year coordination project that aims to accelerate the uptake of high-quality Solid State Lighting (SSL) technology in Europe by supporting open innovation and bringing validated information to all relevant stakeholders. At a higher level this coordinated European effort addresses a number of socio-economic challenges. Europe is faced with:
- health, energy consumption, and resource effectiveness
- the future development of the European lighting industry as outlined in the European Commission Green paper Lighting the Future
- how to enable lighting solutions with a societal and environmental sustainability perspective, leading to a future in which Europe evolves to global leadership in SSL systems and solutions
As a consequence of limited investments and fragmentation in the value chain for smart lighting systems, but also due to limited user awareness, innovation speed and success rates have been too low and the benefits expected from better lighting solutions have not sufficiently materialized. To enhance the awareness, promote high-quality system solutions and, bring functional lighting solutions to all, the consortium will:
- – Create active involvement of various stakeholders through workshops hosted throughout Europe.
- – Launch Lighting For People, a new web-based platform that will be the go-to site for topical high-quality information on solid-state lighting and the user and society value system solutions to get the right light, at the right place, at the right time. Lighting For People will be officially launched on 1 April 2014 at Light+Building and will serve as a resource for everyone. The platform will provide the latest scientific findings on advances in human centric lighting and encourage green business development by means of open innovative collaboration. The Lighting For Peopleplatform represents a new model for connecting people, municipalities, lighting, and business in order to make the best —and most informed— lighting decisions in sectors from elderly care and healthcare to education and beyond.
SSL-erate is co-funded by the European Commission as part of the Seventh EU Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development under Grant Agreement No. 619249.
For more information please visit: http://ssl-erate.eu
via LED-professional http://ift.tt/1v3OGmq